Welcome to Meifod Valley Alpaca Workshops in the Barn
The following workshops will be available all year round in our barn. Scroll down to find out more details. Click on the workshop you are interested in to find out dates, prices, what to expect and what to bring:
- Upholstery – bring along your chair and learn to reupholster
- Weaving – make a scarf in a day
- Rug Weaving – make a raw fleece rug from alpaca fibre in a day
- Fibre to Yarn – learn skirting, carding & spinning (Beginners)
- Needle Felting & Knitting – knitting or felting combined with yoga stretches
- Silversmithing – make silver necklaces, rings or bangles
- Art to Wear – felted bags, ornaments, art & much more
- Sewing – a variety of 1hr masterclasses or half day workshop
Christmas Wreath making. 1-3pm on (dates TBC) All materials provided you just need to bring along an apron & the festive cheer. Minimum of 8 people, maximum of 12. £40pp
Alongside the above workshops, we also offer gatherings. This is a come along, grab a cuppa and sit around with like minded people whilst you continue you own projects:
If you’d like to book on any of the above, please call Helen on 07803505822.
To see our calendar for September to December 2022, download our calendar:
If you have any suggestions for workshops you would like, please let us know. If you are a tutor and teach a craft or health & wellbeing activity, please get in touch.
To help us see if the below workshops would be of interest to people, please contact Helen who will arrange a new workshop:
- Sewing – a beginners class (bring your own sewing machine and learn how to use it) making a simple cushion cover
- Sewing – dress making: bringing your own machine, learn how to make a dress to fit you from a standard pattern.
- Weaving a scarf advanced – for those who know how to use a loom but want to learn more complex patterns. This will include raising warps &/or tartan patterns.